Immunohaematology & Blood Transfusion
AFMRC Research Topics
- Effect of Gamma Irradiation with 30 GY on the Coagulation system in Leuko Reduced FFP. Principal Worker : Col RS Sarkar
- To Study Mobilization of Human Hematopoietic Stem/Progenitor Enriched CD34 + Cells into Peripheral Blood During Stress Related to Ischemic Stroke.Principal Worker: Col RS Sarkar
- Study of RBC Allo Immunization in Multi Transfused Patients. Principal worker – Col J Philip
- Investigation of Thrombophilia including molecular diagnosis of Factor V Leiden and MTHFR Gene mutations.
- Detection of Haemoglobinopathies.
- Protein Z changes in Pregnancy.
- Inherited thrombophilia and recurrent fetal loss.
- Efficacy of neonatal blood group gel card with DCT versus conventional tube method for diagnosis of incomplete antibodies.
- Minor Blood group antigens distribution in Indian Population.
- Co-relation of anti-HB core Antigen positive (IgM) samples with HBV- DNA amongst blood donors
- Effect of Gamma irradiation on coagulation parameters in fresh frozen plasma
- Alloantibodies in multi transfused patients
Research Projects sanctioned by Dept of Biotechnology, New Delhi
- Intravenous autologous bone marrow- derived stem cell therapy for patients with acute ischaemic stroke: A Multi- Institutional Project
- Efficacy of stem cell in improvement of left ventricular function in patients with acute myocardial infarction
- Safety & efficacy of autologous stem cells in prevention of amputation in patients with chronic critical limb ischemia: A Multi- Institutional Project
DRDO (DIPAS) Projects
- Co-Principal Investigator: “High altitude thrombosis"
ICMR Research Projects
- Incidence of anti CMV antibodies (IgM) amongst blood donors
- Protein Z changes in arterial and venous thrombosis
- Evaluation of bacterial contamination of platelets to increase blood safety