Department of Internal Medicine
- Elucidation of role of catecholamine in systemic hypertension in cases of Obstructive sleep apnea
- Prognostic significance of metabolic acidosis in critically ill patients
- Role of Quantiferon assay in management of Latent Tuberculosis
- How many patients are able to achieve the goals laid down by the ADA criteria?
- Conventional Interferon Alpha versus pegylated Interferon alpha for HCV infection in dialysis patients – a comparative study.
- A Study of Quality of Life of Asymptomatic Patients on Antihypertensive Medicines.
- Clinical profile of Sepsis in A Tertiary care Hospital in ICU setting and prognostic significance of metabolic acidosis in sepsis
- A Study of Clinical profile of cases of Multiple Myeloma in a tertiary care centre
- A Study of association between post stroke blood pressure and subsequent functional and neurological outcome
- To study the efficacy of intensive treatment for Type-2 Diabetes Mellitus at a Tertiary care center.
- A Correlative study of Biochemical, Virological and Histological, Parameters of HBV infection in HIV/HBV Co-Infection.
- A study of anaemia in chronic kidney disease and renal transplant recipients and response to parenteral iron therapy.
- To study the clinical profile and laboratory parameters of spontaneous Bacterial peritonitis in cirrhosis with ascites.
- To study the association between post stroke blood pressure and subsequent functional and Neurological outcome.
- A study of bone mineral density in men more than 50 yrs with no secondary risk factors and its relation to muscle mass and androgen levels.
- To study the clinical profile of cases of multiple Myeloma at a tertiary care centre.
- A study of clinical and serological profile of acute hepatitis
- A clinical, biochemical and Virological study of HCV infection in ESRD patients.
- To study the various cardiovascular manifestations in chronic kidney disease
- To study the prevalence of metabolic syndrome in HIV infected patients on first line antiretroviral therapy.
- To study the prevalence of hypogonadism in male patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- A clinical profile of patients with headache.
- To study the relationship between Barthel index and modified Rankin scale score in assessing functional outcome in acute ischaemic stroke.
- To study the prevalence of metabolic syndrome in HIV infected patients on first line retroviral therapy.
- A cross sectional analytical study of cognitive function in HIV positive individuals.
- Nutritional assessment of patients on haemodialysis and pre-dialysis patients.
- Detection of Latent TB in patients with HIV infection using quantiferon GOLD.
- A study to determine the severity of liver involvement in HBeAg negative status with chronic HBV infection and mild elevation of transaminases.
- To study spectrum of CSF in febrile encephalopathy.
- To determine the correlation of capillary blood glucose with venous blood glucose in Type2 Diabetes mellitus patients admitted in ICU of alarge tertiary care hospital.
- To study ultrasound features of hand joints among RA patients in clinical remission.
- Statin use and its association with myopathy :A cross sectional study at tertiary care centre.
- To study the prevalence of chronic kidney disease in stroke and association of chronic kidney disease in relation to discharge outcome among stroke patients.
- To study the prevalence of minimal hepatic encephalopathy in patients with cirrhosis of liverand its correlation with blood ammonia levels.
- To compare the efficacy toxicity profile of Methotrexate-Leflunomide combination with that of Methotrexate-Sulfasalazine-Hydroxychloroquine in 50 patients of Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Neurological manifestations in malignancy
- Profile of upper gastrointestinal endoscopy in patients of chronic kidney disease and renal transplant recepients.
- Clinical profile of cognitive disorder in HIV 1 patients on HAART.
- Clinical,Immunological and virological profile of HIV patients on second line Antiretroviral therapy.
- Relationship of Vitamin D and Parathyroid harmone with body composition in 100 post menopausal women
- Study of the profile of infections in post renal transplant patients in a tertiary care centre.
- Comparison of carotid intimal thickening in patients with HIV infection on ART and not on ART.
Future Research Plans
- Stem cell therapy for DVT.
- To study the epidemiology of VTE in low landers at high altitude.
- To study the role of hypertension management in intracerebral hemorrhage.