Air Marshal B Keshav Rao, AVSM, PHS
Director and Commandant, AFMC chairing the keynote address by Dr VM Katoch, Secy GOI & DG ICMR during MAHAMICROCON2013 (XIX Maharashtra Chapter Conference of Indian Association of Medical Microbiologists
- Use of a novel sample processing methodology for improved detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis from clinical samples and its application to detection of drug resistance by molecular methods - Lt Col M Kumar
- Utility of Universal primers targeting 16S rRNA and Molecular Beacons In Rapid Identification Of Bacterial Pathogens From Various Clinical Samples - Lt Col M Kumar
- Rapid Detection of Drug Resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis using Sloppy Molecular Beacons - Lt Col M Kumar
- Prevalence of metallo-β-lactamases among Gram negative bacterial pathogens in a tertiary care Centre - Col N Grover
- Characterization of drug-resistance and molecular epidemiology of enterobacterianceae spp among clinical isolates in a tertiary care hospital - Col N Grover
- To study detection of genes encoding oxacillinase and metallo β lactamases in carbapenem resistant acinetobacter spp from a tertiary care hospital- Lt Col R Sriram
- Detection of Invasive Fungal Infections using Broad Range Primers in a Real Time Quantitative Polymerase Chain Reaction in Varied clinical conditions- Lt Col M Kumar
- Evaluation of loop mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) for diagnosis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex in clinical samples - Brig AK Sahni
(a) Major achievements/accomplishments in the field of Academics/Research/Sports etc:
(i) Prof & HOD, Dept of Microbiology awarded “Chief of Army Staff Award 2012 for the best article published in the filed Pathology, Microbiology & Biochemistry and Hematology, titled “ Reverse transcription loop mediated isothermal amplification (RT LAMP) for diagnosis of Dengue.
(ii) Dept of Microbiology, AFMC Pune has been chosen as Regional Centre for ICMR’s “Antimicrobial Resistance Surveillance Network”.
(iii) Lt Col M Kumar Assoc Prof delivered a Guest Lecture on Drug Resistance in Tuberculosis at National Chemical Laboratory Pune on 22 Aug 2012
(iv) Prof & HOD of Microbiology delivered a Guest lecture on “Molecular Diagnosis of Sepsis at Dr DY Patil Medical College Pune on 13 Sep 2013.
(iv) Dept of Microbiology, AFMC Pune organised the Maharashtra Chapter of IAMM from 04 to 06 Oct 2013.
(v) ICMR Project - 01
(vi) STS Project - 03
(vii) WO KB Santhosh was awarded the Chief of Air Staff Commendation Card for dedication to duty